PhatSpell is a multilingual spell checker for Microsoft Windows powered Pocket PCs. It allows users to check spelling in practically any standard Pocket PC application that permits text editing, such as Pocket Word, Inbox, Notes, etc. PhatSpell includes 13 dictionaries for 10 languages: Danish, Dutch, English (US, UK and Medical), French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese (BR and EU), Spanish, and Swedish. Depending on the language, size of a main dictionary varies from 135KB to 570KB. During installation, a user can choose which dictionaries to install.
Using PhatSpell is very easy. While the program is running on your Pocket PC, the spell checker icon is displayed in the title bar of the active window. To check the spelling of the text in the desired edit box of the active application, first set the input focus to the desired field (for example, there are several editable fields in the Contacts application) and tap on the spell checker icon. The PhatSpell dialog box will appear (see screenshot). In the PhatSpell dialog box, select the desired language and tap the Spell button. PhatSpell will check the content of the active edit box using main and user dictionaries for the selected language. Please remember that you can always customize the default behavior of the spell checker using the Options dialog box.
Benefits and features:
- Convenient - check spelling in your emails in documents
- Simple User Interface - start using PhatSpell right away
- Integration with Pocket PC - check spelling in practically any Pocket PC application.
- Multilingual support - PhatSpell includes 13 dictionaries for 10 languages: Danish, Dutch, English (US, UK and Medical), French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese (BR and EU), Spanish, and Swedish
- User dictionary - allows you to add words to the user dictionary
- Advanced spelling options - customize spell checker, so it ignores roman numbers, Internet addresses, abbreviation, etc
- Hardware button support - assign a hardware button to spell check the current document with a single button click (see instructions below)
- Custom installation - allows you to choose which dictionaries to install
- Pocket PC Logo Certified - certified Designed for Microsoft Windows for Pocket PC